Thursday, 9 April 2015

The Changing World


 It’s 5 pm and I haven’t left college yet. I’m sure, mother is going to be furious. Once again my bus decides not to show up when i need it the most.
 Almost after an hour’s wait from a distance I see the bus arrive. Thanking my lucky starts I board the bus. Go right ahead and catch a window seat. 
 The traffic is never ending. People are honking away at the signals. The bus is waiting for the green light when a red long convertible decides that the wait is too long and rushes to break the signal at its highest speed.
 Although the police station was just to its right,that didn’t really seem to bother him. 
 Speeding he ignored a young girl crossing the road and knocks her down as if she didn’t exist at all.
 I was speechless at that moment. Unable to help the little girl I reached the railway station.
 The one hour journey brought a million questions to my head.
 Has the world changed so much?
 Have people become so ignorant that the life of a small girl has no value what so ever?
 Does money have the only say over humanity now?
 Rules and regulations are now just writings in a book?
The craze for city life and luxurious living has made people forget the basic values of life. I myself am ashamed to call myself a part of this rat race. 
 I wonder what this city would be like without the competition n money tangling around its citizens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment